Having It All

I haven't written in a while. Why? Because I have convinced myself that every single post has to be profound, meaningful, or inspiring. So, I neglect this blank canvas because I feel like, mostly, I'm not terribly profound, just honest. 

Honestly, life has been pretty same-ish this season. Lots of time with my girl, playing & watching Dora & making new little friends. So, though I lack profundity, I have depth & meaning & love & snuggles in spades.  I relish this amazing time that I have with her. Just us. Talking, singing, laughing, yelling when Dada comes in the room, playing toys, listening to her tell the dog secrets. The more she grows, the more I get to know her, who she is as a tiny person, & I gain glimpses into the future of who this little ball of sunshine will be. 

I think, as women, we strive to be everything. Have it all; to be a wife, mom, friend, sister, confidante, to be fit & healthy, to have a career that takes off, to inspire & motivate, to volunteer, to look good at all hours of the day, to have plenty of time spent in worship or some kind of church setting, to have a clean house, to teach...the list goes on. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw on article the other day about Drew Barrymore. Her tagline: women can't have it all. Speaking at Lucky Magazine’s Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Thursday, she told attendees, “You know that you’re going to miss out on your child’s upbringing or you realize that your relationship is going to suffer if you work night and day and weekends.
“Unfortunately, I was raised in this like generation of like, ‘Women can have it all,’ and I don’t think you can. I think some things fall off the table. The good news is, what does stay on the table becomes much more important."
Yes! This! Having it all may seem appealing, but it's so not what matters. At least, not to this Mama. Do I sometimes wish that things could be tweaked or different? Sure, we all do. We are supposed to strive to be better & grow & try new things. These are all good things, but when they move in & take hold of the much more important things in life, like singing "Once Upon a Dream" at the top of your lungs with your baby girl, then we have missed a huge piece in our puzzle.
While my little model may not always cooperate for her photographer mama, I feel like her pictures capture who she is, her beauty, her wonder, her inquisitive little nature, & how I am head-over-heels, madly, desperately in love with her. Most of you have seen these photos, but they just make me swoon all over again when I look at them. This girl has my heart forever.








1 comment

© andrea lebeau. Design by Fearne.