21 Day Fix Chicken Salad


It's the New Year, which means it's time to cut the junk out of my diet. Really, I'm totally icked out by sweets at this point. OMG. Who am I kidding? No, I'm not, but I am icked out by what that stuff is doing to my intestines.

I started the 21 Day Fix on January 2nd (just the food part because working out is, literally, the worst), and you know what? I feel better. I wish that I felt great mainlining Oreos, but I just don't. With starting the Fix, it has also helped another resolution and that is to eat AT THE TABLE all together at least 5 times a week. Pretty pumped that these two work together.

So, here's my lunch for the week. I made a giant bowl of it so that I can easily throw it over some lettuce or wrap it in some lettuce for lunch each day. Every time I try to eat this, the kids wind up eating my entire bowl and I have to start over.


Ingredients:
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into square-ish pieces
- 2 small green apples, chopped
- 1 cup of red grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- Add a couple of drops of lemon essential oil
- A splash of Balsamic vinegar

Do you need the oil? No. I use it to wash our fruits & veggies, but instead of rinse the lemon oil off, I let it soak into the apple slices and it gives the chicken salad a nice tangy flavor.

1 green, 1 red, 1 purple, 1/2 blue, 1/2 orange


Throw it over lettuce or in a lettuce wrap and lunch is good, healthy and you have lunch for the next week. Plus, your kids will love it. 

2 comments

© andrea lebeau. Design by Fearne.