21 Day Fix Chicken Salad

1:39 PM


It's the New Year, which means it's time to cut the junk out of my diet. Really, I'm totally icked out by sweets at this point. OMG. Who am I kidding? No, I'm not, but I am icked out by what that stuff is doing to my intestines.

I started the 21 Day Fix on January 2nd (just the food part because working out is, literally, the worst), and you know what? I feel better. I wish that I felt great mainlining Oreos, but I just don't. With starting the Fix, it has also helped another resolution and that is to eat AT THE TABLE all together at least 5 times a week. Pretty pumped that these two work together.

So, here's my lunch for the week. I made a giant bowl of it so that I can easily throw it over some lettuce or wrap it in some lettuce for lunch each day. Every time I try to eat this, the kids wind up eating my entire bowl and I have to start over.


Ingredients:
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into square-ish pieces
- 2 small green apples, chopped
- 1 cup of red grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- Add a couple of drops of lemon essential oil
- A splash of Balsamic vinegar

Do you need the oil? No. I use it to wash our fruits & veggies, but instead of rinse the lemon oil off, I let it soak into the apple slices and it gives the chicken salad a nice tangy flavor.

1 green, 1 red, 1 purple, 1/2 blue, 1/2 orange


Throw it over lettuce or in a lettuce wrap and lunch is good, healthy and you have lunch for the next week. Plus, your kids will love it. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe