Fall 2015 Beauty Haul for the Basic White Girl12:41 PM
If you are a longtime reader of ALB, then you know that I am a hair & makeup whore. Unless I am going to WalMart, my hair is always mermaid-waved and my eyelashes are heated & curled. That being said, while the upper extremity is quaffed, the lower is usually covered in grey sweats. It's called balance.
So, I'm not a beauty expert by any means, but these are the cool things that you need this fall to be cool like me. And Lord knows, I am one cool betch.
1. #alltheplaid. If you don't have at least 10 different plaid button downs, you are literally doing everything in your life wrong. I have 5 shades of a red & blue plaid. I mean, a girl's gotta have options.
2. L'Oreal Tan Towelettes. This goes right along with my discussion on not being ugly just because you're camping. Yes, the season for tall boots, leggings and pumpkin spice deodorant is upon us, but one does not need to look like a ghost before Halloween. My sister told me about these towelettes, I told Kylie, Kylie told 94875984375983 people. She actually accused me of trying to be hotter than her and holding out on beauty information.
3. Heidi braids. If you aren't familiar with Barefoot Blonde, then you don't know what social media is. Amber has become a YouTube sensation by braiding her frickin' hair. I mean, for the love. I am doing everything wrong. Maybe I could start painting my nails on YouTube & become famous. Anyway, braids. Long, loose, crazy. Braid your hair & you are suddenly a hairstylist.
4. Red lips. I, for one, cannot pull this look off. I look like I got in a fight with my mother's Caboodle. My best fran? Hot. You know what's annoying? I just learned how to contour my damn face, and according to Harper's Bazaar, it's out. We're back to blushed cheeks. Rude.
5. Pumpkin Spice Latte. You are not a basic white girl without this accessory in hand. Let's face it, Starbucks matches anything. I will admit that I have yet to find an outfit that my Starbucks cup cannot enhance, but dammit, I will keep trying just to get to the bottom of it.