16 weeks | 2nd Trimester

Well, we got the shock of a lifetime twice with this pregnancy. Our first shock was when we found out it was twins. The second shock was finding out that the twinkies are both BOYS. I can tell you, truthfully, that neither Josh or I ever thought boys were an option. Hello...1 in 3 chances they would be, but did it cross our minds? NO. We thought they'd be one of each or both girls. We talked over many girl names that we liked or didn't like. So, again, mama yelled out an inappropriate, "HOLY CRAP" on the Christmas video when Josh opened the card up & showed me this: 


If you didn't hear the story, here's how it went down. I had an ultrasound on Christmas Eve. Josh was at church all day, so I took my bestie along to the appointment. She & Dr. P were the only ones who saw the screen. I was totally thrown for a loop because Dr. P says, "This one has the ankles crossed. Boys don't do that." I was like, "ok, so, one girl." Dr. P & Kylie conspired in the corner, wrote down the gender in the card & sealed the envelope for us. Funnily enough, Kylie kept saying, "I can't look at you or you will know." There were so many different scenarios! How the hell could I have known by looking at her face?! Now I know... We waited until Christmas morning to open the card with our other presents & got that big, ol' surprise!

Look at those creepy, long toes. Yikes. I'll put shoes on next week.

How far along? 16.2 weeks {the belly looks MUCH larger than it did last week}
Babies are the size of an? Avocado
Total weight gain? 12.5 lbs. Thanks to Christmas, I packed on some extra weight this past week. Cinnabons are a must on Christmas {Santa brings them every year}, & it was worth it.  
Maternity clothes? Oh yes. 
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep? Still crazy dreams, but I sleep pretty well. 
Miss Anything? Going to the store for more than 15 minutes at a time. After walking around or being on my feet for about 15 minutes, I have shooting pains & have to call it quits. I feel pretty wimpy & helpless, to be honest. I am no longer able to do the grocery shopping, so dearest Josh has taken that on each week. The grocery list was hilarious! The most detailed list you've ever seen, mapping out the store & where he could find each brand on which shelf. Usually my lists are shorthand, but this was about a full page of directions & instructions. 
Movement? I feel kicks & punches. They aren't strong enough to feel from the outside, but I can feel it. Otherwise, it's crazy monster gas. I swear they synchronized a somersault the other day.
Food cravings? Dark chocolate & salt. Kylie happens to have Salted Dark Chocolate...maybe she should bring some over...
Gender? TWO BOYS!
Belly Button In or Out? In.
Rings on or off? On.
Symptoms? Oh, the crying. I mean, for real. My poor, dear husband needs a spa weekend away from me. I don't think a day has gone by these past 2 weeks that I haven't cried about something. Today I cried because he was teasing me about selling Maddie's crib & using the money to go towards the boys' matching cribs. We stood in the hallway as I sobbed. I mean, he's bordering sainthood dealing with my bat-piss, crazy mood swings.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Overeating ( :
Labor Signs? Nope
Happy or Moody most of the time? Again, weepy.
Looking forward to? Deciding on names! We have a couple we like, but nothing we have decided are a definite yes. I think we need to decide now; he thinks we have plenty of time. Sometimes I look at him & think "you have no idea who you married do you?" #psychoobsessiveplanningnutbag

1 comment

© andrea lebeau. Design by Fearne.