Butternut Squash Soup2:39 PM
I have two modes: "if you leave a crumb on this counter I will cut you," or "I wonder if my purse is under the laundry on top of the island."
When I cook or bake, I'm in cutting mode. The entire kitchen needs to look like the set of the Martha Stewart cooking show. So, while you guys get the splendor of my clean kitchen, pray for my family - they were likely yelled at in the making of this soup.
Not only is this a beautiful soup, it's delicious and the family loved it.
I allowed them back into the kitchen once I had finished making the soup and kitchen look perfect.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp)
- 2 tsp minced, peeled fresh ginger
- Small pinch of cinnamon
- splash of Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 large butternut squash
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- dash of black pepper black pepper
- dash of brown sugar
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Heat olive oil in pan. Add chopped onions and saute until translucent.
4. Test soup. Add more whipping cream for a richer soup.