34 weeks | 3rd Trimester

We are finally in the home stretch and I am finally free! As you can imagine, my first day of freedom included Starbucks and Target. Plus, my mother-in-law took me for a mani/pedi! She thinks I deserved it after this debacle - I think she's right.


Since being back home, I've already had 2 follow-up visits with my favorite doctor. People, we are at 2cm dilated & 80% effaced! I count this a huge victory. My body feels battered and bruised. It's time for these boys to make their appearance. Given the position of Baby A, the cord presentation issue we had before and just the overall nature of twins, I won't be going past 37 weeks...END IS IN SIGHT! None of us, including Dr. P, believe that I'll even make it to that point. 

So, now, we wait. Nails are polished and shiny. My hair is the most beautiful ombré I have ever seen thanks to my amazing hairdresser, Miranda. Girlfriend offered to come down to my hospy room and do my hair in the bathroom! I mean, she's a keeper! Text me for her number! You will dump your girl in a flash to go see this GEM!




How far along? 34.2 weeks
Babies are the size of a? Butternut Squash
Total weight gain? 36lbs
Maternity clothes? I can finally wear my maternity clothes out!
Stretch marks? Still none.
Sleep? Besides waking up every 4 hours to take my Procardia (which stops contractions), I sleep as well as I can being the vast size that I am.
Miss Anything? Not waddling.
Movement? Always.
Food cravings? Blueberry pie. I've wanted it my whole pregnancy, but I have yet to get a piece.
Belly Button In or Out? Out.
Rings on or off? It still fits, but it's not comfortable.
Symptoms? My entire body is achy & sore, but it's the end, so this is the fun I can expect.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nah.
Labor Signs? Increasing contractions. I forgot how much these suckers hurt.
Happy or Moody most of the time? Pretty happy!
Looking forward to? Their arrival!

1 comment

  1. I randomly found your blog through some old link on another blog. However, I had to stop and tell you what a gorgeous pregnant woman you are!!!!!!!!
    I felt like a huge whale (gained 70lbs with a single!) but you look like a pregancy model (I use to work at Guess? headquarts in La - so I know these things haah)
    Congrats on the babies!

    ReplyDelete

© andrea lebeau. Design by Fearne.