17 weeks | 2nd Trimester

I'm sure everyone is sick of these updates, but again, at least my mom reads them.

We hit the 17 week mark on Wednesday! Woohoo! Next week we have another hour-long ultrasound, & I'm excited because I'll get to watch the boys this time. They were like acrobats Christmas Eve after some orange juice, but I wasn't allowed to watch in case I accidentally saw gender.

With the rollover to a new year (the boys' birth year), the nesting has set in. I want to organize EVERYTHING. The basement looks like a bomb went off, so that needs to be sorted out. Being restricted is a little annoying because I can't lift much down there, so I need Josh's help. He's as keen on cleaning out the basement as he is on getting his wisdom teeth removed. I need to start cleaning out the junk closet (remember Monica's secret closet? Yeah, that's me. Even OCD girls need a place to put all the things that don't have a place) because it's going to be the boys' closet. I'm starting to unload some of Maddie's old stuff in preparation for a barrage of boy stuff. And can I just take a moment to say THANK YOU to you for being so willing to give me stuff for the boys, bring me a chai when I need one, & then those who have offered to take clients who have no place to go. I am truly blessed by all of your generosity.

Without further ado, here's how it's hanging at week 17:

I spared you the bare belly selfie. You're welcome.

How far along? 17.2 weeks
Babies are the size of an? Onion
Total weight gain? 14 lbs. My appetite is in full swing! I want everything. I really want steak, which I craved with Maddie. I should have no problem gaining the 10 more I need by 24 weeks. I'm just happy that smalls are still fitting because then I'd be sad. And yet, still hungry.
Maternity clothes? Yes, with some non-maternity. Like that sweater. 
Stretch marks? Just the old ones.
Sleep? I sleep pretty hard. Vivid dreams, lots of peeing in the middle of the night. 
Miss Anything? Soft cheeses. It's a stupid rule.
Movement? Baby A (the one on the bottom) - I can feel him a lot. He's a wiggle worm. Baby B I'm thinking maybe has an anterior placenta (placed between my belly & baby boy) because I hardly feel him. Once they start getting huge, I won't be able to not feel them.
Food cravings? Anything. Today it's steak & cream soda. 
Gender? TWO BOYS!
Belly Button In or Out? In.
Rings on or off? On. The knuckle is getting a little pudgy, but it still slides around on my finger where it usually sits, so that's weird.
Symptoms? The crazy appetite. I mean, steak & cream soda? Huh?
Anything making you queasy or sick? nah.
Labor Signs? Nope
Happy or Moody most of the time? Pretty happy. This week.
Looking forward to? Still working on names. I could pick any of the 25 I love TODAY, and Mr. Patience is still a maybe on 2 names. Lord, beer me strength.

Post a Comment

© andrea lebeau. Design by Fearne.