29 weeks | 3rd Trimester

I wish I could say that I have just laid in bed, watching tv all day, and nothing has really moved along, but that's just not the case. I'm having lots & lots of contractions. When I came in 14 days ago (Thursday evening), I was contracting horribly, and it continued until the middle of Saturday. Those contractions caused me to lose 1/2 of what little cervix I had left. The medicine they had me on kept me from contracting for about a week, but then they started to pick up a little. By the weekend, I was having contractions that were about 2-3 minutes for a good part of the day. We upped my Procardia to every 3 hours instead of every 4, did an IV of fluids, and were able to get them to calm back down. For the most part, I have only had mild contractions, but nothing that sticks around or concerns any of the doctors or nurses.

So, we continue to wait. Coming here already bought me 2 extra weeks. I know that if I hadn't gone to see my doctor that afternoon, this all could have been a lot worse & I might have 2 tiny little babies, weighing less than 2 pounds a piece, in the NICU right now. Everyday that they stay in is a milestone at this point, and every doctor and nurse who comes in makes sure to tell me that. 

In the meantime, we wait. My room is stocked with chai & vanilla soy milk, pictures, decorations, Essie nail polish, and lots of movies. I have had a visitor everyday I've been here, and I'm so thankful for that. You all are making this much less painful than it could be. Some of the girls on my floor are from neighboring states and have no visitors because they are so far from home. I am truly, truly blessed. Plus, I have some really wonderful nurses who come & hang with me. This is party central on this dreary floor. 

Off to float in the pool with the other beached whales pregnant ladies in my obnoxiously bright bikini that gets eyeballed every time I waddle into the pool. It's loud & obnoxious like I am. We go together well.

xoxo,
a.



How far along? 29 weeks
Babies are the size of an? Acorn Squash
Total weight gain? 23 lbs.
Maternity clothes? And hospital gowns!
Stretch marks? Still none.
Sleep? The nurses wake me up every 3 hours for my contraction meds, so that's a lot of fun. I'm usually able to fall asleep fairly quickly after they leave.
Miss Anything? Home with my hubs & my bubs :(
Movement? The boys are notorious in this unit for being evasive. I am monitored 3 times a day for an hour at a time, and it usually takes 30 minutes to get both of them found & on the monitor for more than a few minutes at a time. I always tell my nurses not to go far because, inevitably, they will be back in 5 minutes to readjust when one of the boys has swam away from the monitor.
Food cravings? These amazing apple slices from Target that my mom found for me. 
Belly Button In or Out? Starting to poke out!
Rings on or off? On.
Symptoms? A giant belly.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Hospy food.
Labor Signs? More than I had hoped for at this point. Contractions that are anywhere from 1 hour to 2 & 3 minutes apart.
Happy or Moody most of the time? Fairly happy, but I have my pity party moments when all I want to do is be home.
Looking forward to? Going home!

Post a Comment

© andrea lebeau. Design by Fearne.