26 weeks | 2nd Trimester

I had an entirely different summary typed out for this week's progress report until I saw Dr. P today. I walked in the office quite cocky because I thought all was just completely fine. I even boasted that the high-risk OB wasn't concerned with checking my cervix anymore because everything looked fine and there were no signs that anything was amiss. Today, he glared at me & said, "too bad. We're checking you."

Turns out my cervix is funneling, which means that it's beginning to open from the inside out, which puts me at risk for my water breaking early/preterm labor. They hooked me up to a monitor, and I wasn't contracting, so that was positive. I'm now on strict bed rest. And.I.Am.Pissed. I am so bad at this bed rest stuff. I hate laying here, just waiting for the days to pass. I am a major Type A personality with energy to spare, so sitting on my flat butt is the last thing on the planet I want to do. YES, it's the right thing for the boys, but I want to tantrum a little about it.


Thankfully, we moved the baby shower to my house just in case something like this happened. It's also early enough that we don't have to worry that I will be in the hospital (we think). Growth scan for the boys is in 2 weeks, as well as the beginning of steroid shots to help their lungs develop in the case of them being born before 34 weeks. 


This is not the report I was expecting at all. I thought we were in the clear for any kind of preterm labor type stuff, but I was way wrong. We are in the process of looking for a car for our litter, and this has lit a fire under our butts just a little more. I was perfectly ready to put it on the back burner and wait a while. Guess that won't work.



Little model showing off her bump with Mama.

Contraction monitor at Dr. P's office.

How far along? 26 weeks (measuring 32 weeks)
Babies are the size of a? Head of Lettuce
Total weight gain? 23 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Obviously.
Stretch marks? Still none. Hopefully, they stay away.
Sleep? Pretty good this week. Getting up to pee 4x a night doesn't help, but I've been passed out cold lately. It helps that Maddie is in the mode of sleeping til 9:30 & 10:00am. #parentingwin
Miss Anything? Deli meat
Movement? Yep!
Food cravings? Sweets!
Belly Button In or Out? In, but getting pushed out more & more.
Rings on or off? On.
Symptoms? Same as always.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not really.
Labor Signs? Some BH contractions, but very mild and inconsistent. Funneling cervix :/
Happy or Moody most of the time? It's moment to moment at this point. 
Looking forward to? My shower!

Post a Comment

© andrea lebeau. Design by Fearne.