24 weeks | 2nd Trimester

This was not my week, folks. However, it's almost over. Maddie was sick for 10 days, I was sick for 6 & then developed a lovely sinus infection. You should be immune from getting sick ON TOP of being pregnant with twins who think your bladder is a squeeze toy.

I got to get dressed up like a girl the other night & go celebrate my birthday with my BFFs. I haven't laughed that hard in ages. It was nice to be out, sitting the entire time of course (except for the 48973497 bathroom breaks), and to feel pretty again. 

 Beaujo's for dinner with our hilarious waiter, Dick.

Melting Pot for dessert where I learned things about my friends that I never really needed to know.

Hello! Someone's friends know her well!

Got to see the boys today for the most brief, maddening, irritating appointment I have had to date. Needless to say, I won't be heading back to Denver for more follow-ups. The best part was that the boys are both measuring perfectly, and they are growing right on schedule. Can't complain about that! We got to see Baby A's profile, & he looks like his sister! And we all know how cute that kid is! Did I get ANY photos to take home? NO! I hardly got to see them today. :( Next one will be better. They are healthy & that's really all that matters.


Side note: how awful is this season of The Bachelor?? All that guy does is make out with these "girls," as he calls them - over the age of 20, let's call them women, JUAN PABLO. Literally, no depth to this guy or this season. My mother is going to be so horrified that HER daughter is watching trashy reality TV. Sorry, Mom. 

I watch it every week to see the train wreck that ensues, and I am never disappointed. Charlene was nuts & needed to go. Nikki is a bad word. Clare is a little too attached. Chelsie hasn't got a shot. And Renee is the only one with some serious class & depth, which means he won't pick her. UGH! Why do I watch this smut!?

How far along? 24 weeks
Babies are the size of a? Cantaloupe - that sounds giant (They are each 1lb, 6oz!)
Total weight gain? 22 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes, currently trying to find a cute, spring maxi for my shower. They conveniently have bikinis out 
IN THE DEAD OF WINTER, but no dresses.
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Sleep? Sleeping like the dead because I've been sick. Sickness then turned into a sinus infection. I'm OVER winter.
Miss Anything? Breathing normally.
Movement? A lot. They wake up just as I go to bed...
Food cravings? Nothing really this week.
Belly Button In or Out? In. Slowly losing it though...
Rings on or off? On.
Symptoms? Just the constant movement.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Laying on my back for longer than 5 minutes. Almost hit the deck today during the ultrasound. They are sitting firmly on that nerve!
Labor Signs? Nothin'.
Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy, but not happy about so much sickness. 
Looking forward to? My shower!

2 comments

  1. You look fantastic! I found your Blog via Pinterest tonight and am reminiscing about my own boy/boy twins (now three). Come visit my Blog some time! I'd love to have you guest post any time :) xo Crista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ops- the site, sorry! Hands and Hearts More Than Full ;)

    ReplyDelete

© andrea lebeau. Design by Fearne.