The Bach | Week 8 Recap

"...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

This is how I feel after watching The Bach yesterday. I feel dumber having watched this, listened to it, and engaged it. 

Hometowns.
This is the most awkward episode each season because the Bachelor/ette is essentially rejecting your family when he or she sends you home. I liked you enough to bring you to the final 4, but then I met your family & it was a deal breaker. Ouch.

Nick.
I swear that this man is vying for an acting gig. My best friend is in MAJOR denial about what a d-bag this dude is. The tears with his mom (what was with that outfit?!) was just so over-the-top. I will admit, however, the scene with his little sister was darling. But for the love of all that is holy! Stop with the scarves!

Chris.
I was so offended by just about everything that came out of Andi's mouth watching this hometown. Her misgivings were about moving to Iowa. I mean, ok, it's Iowa, but at least pretend you're willing to entertain the idea. "What would I even do here? What would I do for work here?" It's not Mars, Andi. It's Iowa. You can still be a district attorney in a place like Iowa. Or be a farmer's wife. Ha!

They are clearly not right for each other. I can't wait to see him ride off into sunset with a darling, sweet cowgirl who wants to be his partner on that giant farm. Honestly, she doesn't deserve Chris or his AMAZING mom. Wasn't she a doll?!

Josh.
This entire segment had nothing to do with Andi or Josh. This was Aaron's chance to be seen on television so he can be drafted by the NFL. Complete, unabashed advertising.

Marcus.
All I could think when I saw his mom was that she used to hit him. She told Andi that he wasn't open with his feelings...umm, probably because he's afraid of you, Mommy Dearest.

Eric Hill.
This was the most offensive segment ever. Yes, they knew Eric, liked Eric, and were probably sort of friends, but the overly dramatized mourning was obnoxious. If he were my family member, I would have been so offended. Playing up this scene...omg. I have no words that don't involve swearing.

Why are we at Chris Harrison's house? And why does the camera man drop the camera & let it roll? This was so bizarre. Even for The Bach.

Andi realizes that people have lives outside of this show when she hears about Eric's death. Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Rose ceremony.
Shocker. Marcus is eliminated. BUT only after Andi has her Academy Award-worthy breakdown over Eric. 

Next week.
Dominican Republic aka overnights. This is week we find out how skanky the contestants are. Gee. Can't wait.

xoxo,
a.

Post a Comment

© andrea lebeau. Design by Fearne.