Girlfriendship in Business


When I hesitantly began using Young Living oils, I had no intention of making any friends. It wasn't like I was going to be a rude bitch, but I just thought I'd be using oils and making a little cash. I figured most of this time would be spent talking about why I am a hippie. 


But then...I fell into this group of really strong, really driven women. I fell into a very structured, very organized business group. I fell into resources, information, classes, booklets, etc. And really, I fell into a support group. 



You all know that I was in Utah for a week learning about the business, the production of oils, the ins & outs of what Young Living does, but the coolest thing that I was able to bring back was a strong sense of community and girlfriendship. 

Fangirling over Jacob Young 


Dr. Jim Bob. Freaking love him. 



This is, perhaps, one of the dopiest pictures in the history of the world, but this moment was so powerful: uplines, downlines, and crosslines all making this commitment to each other to remain a team, encourage each other, lift each other up, support each other, share with each other, and to have fun as a team. It's cheesy as hell, but it was one of those moments you can't ever forget.




Carl Brunngraeber is one of my favorite human beings. Basically, the coolest Young Living husband of all-time.

We came back with so much knowledge and so much information to share, but what can never be shared are the moments where we bonded, the 30-minute treks to get Starbucks for the 3rd time in one day because we needed caffeine, sharing our vulnerabilities and fears about this business, bitching about downline members who need a punch in the face, and then the dreaded drive to the airport when we had to leave each other.







You know how you know you are in the company of really good people? When you sit through a 4-hour awards dinner just for the 10 seconds when you can jump up and scream like a schoolgirl for your upline when they are honored on stage for their accomplishments. 

Also, AC Slater was not all he was cracked up to be.


Also, the food. We ate. A lot.

Literally, the most disgusting thing I have ever put in my mouth. 


Also, the concert. Uhhhh-mazing. 


If you are on the fence about next year, take the plunge. You will come back supercharged and full of ideas, and if you're as lucky as I was, you will come back with lifelong friends. 

1 comment

  1. I'm going to convention next year! I bought my ticket and I'm going. Yay! I won't let another year go by without hugging all my Happy Oiler friends!

    ReplyDelete

© andrea lebeau. Design by Fearne.