The Lazy Girl's Guide to Pie-Making

I am the laziest cook/baker on the planet. I want to make pretty yummies, but I would also rather binge-watch Hart of Dixie (just started watching a couple of days ago & I'm a few episodes into season 2...omgggggg!!).

Now, this pie can be made all homemade and from scratch and shit, but I have 3 children who need me to watch them do acrobatics, wipe their disgusting noses, and various other things. The great thing about this is you can take the lazy route and impress the hell out of people. 


You need 4 ingredients. Four.


2 large cans of cherry pie filling, 1 large can of blueberry pie filling, pie crusts, and 1 egg.


Now, most people would take aluminum foil to section off their pie, but I thought I had some and I didn't, so I improvised. You are looking at a brown paper bag, folded up & wrapped in some plastic wrap. #nailedit


Dump in your blueberry pie filling once the cherry is in.


Roll out the other pie crust, cut out some strips for your stripes, and grab your handy dandy star cookie cutters and cut you some stars.


Crack egg and brush it on your crust (helps it turn golden brown). Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes, then 375 F for 45 minutes.


Boom. Done. Easy as pie. People will think you slaved over it, and really you just dumped some cans in a pie pan & turned on your oven. If you have an obnoxious mother-in-law, make this little number for her, throw some real fruit in there, and that psychopath will think you aren't such a bad choice for her son.

Oh, and Happy Memorial Day!


Post a Comment

© andrea lebeau. Design by Fearne.